Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Submitted Biography for Joseph Hart - REV WAR PATRIOT, interred at Columbus, Indiana
Greetings Compatriots and fellow Hoosiers!

While I'm still technically not joined to the Indiana Society yet (David Benton Chapter hopefully by February), as a member of the Virginia Society I am pretty active at Patriot Biographies. I found an incredibly interesting Patriot, Joseph Hart, buried at the Garland Brook Cemetery in Columbus, IN (Grave Located near corner of 10th St and McClure Road - Cemetery Entrance located at Gladstone Ave just south of 10th St.). The local Columbus Chapter of the DAR is named after this Patriot. The attached document was submitted in Microsoft Word format to the NSSAR for inclusion on the Patriot's record in the SAR Patriot's Database. The Patriot's son, Reverend C.C. Hart, wrote a book about the family's life in Virginia, Tennessee, and Indiana.

I wanted the Indiana SAR aware that I wrote this biography.

BONUS: For those with an affinity for the War of 1812, Joseph Hart's son, Thomas, served as a corporal in Capt Samuel Hopkins Company of Colonel James Barnes 2nd Regt Dragoons under William Henry Harrison.

Deus et Patria,

Jerad D Myers
Historian / Web Master
Col Fielding Lewis Chapter (Fredericksburg)
historian@cflvirginia-sar.org

State Facebook Administrator
Virginia SAR
jerad_myers@yahoo.com

Attached Files
.pdf   Bio.Joseph.Hart_4h.Virginia.pdf (Size: 68.55 KB / Downloads: 4)